I have been in private practice as a psychotherapist since 1999 in New Orleans, LA, Clarksville, TN and Nashville, TN.
- LPC-MHSP – I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (Mental Health Service Provider) in the state of TN. License #2216.
- NBCC – I am a National Board Certified Counselor.
- AAMFT – I am a Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
- AACC – I am a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors.
- I am a Certified PREPARE/ENRICH Counselor.
- PhD in Psychology and Counseling from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- MA in Marriage and Family Counseling from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- ThM from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- BS in Psychology from Belmont University
Over the last 13 years, I have worked extensively with children, adolescents, and adults dealing with eating disorders, abuse, behavioral problems, depression, anxiety, grief, substance abuse, and family conflict. I have helped adult clients explore issues concerning family of origin, depression, anxiety, grief, abuse, sexuality, divorce, and addictive behaviors. I have assisted couples as they navigate a myriad of relationship issues, and I am a Certified PREPARE/ENRICH Counselor. I have facilitated child, adolescent, and adult groups focusing on spirituality, anger management, depression, relationship and life skills, and survivors of suicide.
I have experience leading seminars for teachers, adolescents, and their parents on adolescent sexuality and adolescent cognitive development. I have taught graduate level courses in Group Therapy and Lifestyle Development and Career Counseling. My graduate and post-graduate education emphasized therapeutic techniques and theories, diagnosis, professional ethics, and the integration of psychology, theology, and spirituality.